It is a very daunting task to choose the Refrigerator according to your kitchen. A refrigerator is one of the main appliances in the house and it is an expensive appliance that requires a good amount of investment. So it is very important to choose the right kind of refrigerator that perfectly match your requirement and is made just for your kitchen. Nowadays, a lot of variety in refrigerators are available in the market, and every refrigerator has its advantages and features. In this article, we will discuss some of the key features that must be considered before you buy or choose a refrigerator for your kitchen.
Which Features to Look for while buying a new Refrigerator?
To choose the Refrigerator according to your kitchen: Here I have a list of all the features that require checking before buying any refrigerator:
The first and most important feature to choose the Refrigerator according to your kitchen is to check its width, height, and depth. These are the basic measurement for any refrigerator that must we consider while buying a new refrigerator. This feature is crucial for built-in refrigerator because installation is depend on the space available in the kitchen. So keep kitchen dimensions in mind while buying a new refrigerator.
The Second feature to choose the Refrigerator according to your kitchen is to check the Volume. Volume is nothing but the capacity of the refrigerator. Mostly the capacity of the refrigerator is measured in liters. It is good to check the volume because the outside measurement are different from its volume. These two often miss leading. Always look for outside measurements to fit the refrigerator in your kitchen space perfectly. But don’t forget to note its inside capacity also.
- Energy consumption
- Whenever we decide to buy a new refrigerator, most people have concerns about its initial cost as well as after-buying cost. It is good to check the annual energy consumption of the refrigerator model that you are choosing.
- Because more energy consumption means more electricity bill. Always go for a refrigerator that consumes few kilowatts.
- Energy class
The fourth and most important feature to choose the Refrigerator according to your kitchen is Energy Class. Almost all household appliances have 7 classes of Energy Efficiency ranging from A to Z. Starting from class A is leading in energy saving and the class G is the least efficient in energy consumption. It is always advised to buy appliances that are capable to save more energy as possible. You can go for A, A++, and A+++. The people do not know about these energy classes. Make sure to check these all.
- Noise level
It is very normal to produce minimal noise when a refrigerator is working. But it is good practice to know the noise level of the refrigerator before you make a purchase. This is very important if you are going to place your refrigerator in the living space.
- Inverter compressor
It is always advised to buy any kind of appliance that is using the latest technology. Inverter Technology refrigerators are very efficient to use because they turn on and off very less and consume very less electricity. This is not the meaning that latest technology appliances have a longer life. It depends on many factors like how good you are maintaining it and many other factors.
- Frost Free
I remember my old refrigerator which was stuffed with ice and it was very difficult to use the freezer. But nowadays, most of refrigerators are Frost free. Frost-free refrigerator means that can efficiently circulate cold air and has a proper ventilator and do not have any extra moisture. That means there is no Frost on the food and in the freezer. The Frost system is responsible for providing the accurate level of moisture and preventing Frost.
The temperature of the refrigerator increase very frequently whenever the door of the refrigerator is open. This results in thermal shock to the food. So nowadays, refrigerators are equipped with adap Tech Technology that is responsible to monitor the frequency of door opening. One way to record the refrigerator door opening frequency, it adjusts the inside temperature according to that. It lowers the temperature by one or two degrees Celsius for such a time.
- Zero Zone Drawer
New technology refrigerator has a drawer that has the lowest temperature which makes it ideal to store seafood or other food to keep it fresh for a longer period. You must have to check this feature before selecting a refrigerator.
- Slide shelves
Every house has a different requirement for a kitchen. Some families use big utensils and some use small to medium. The better option is to look for a refrigerator that offers slide shelves. Because installing the new shells is very simple. You can move them depending on your space requirements.
- Rapid cool function
Sometimes, whenever we come from any trip, it is important to cool down the food quickly. But normal refrigerators are not able to achieve this. For this, you can go for a refrigerator that is equipped with a super cool or a rapid cool function. This feature can cool the food in very less time. If you love to travel mostly, then this feature is a must for you.
- LED light
Many types of lights are available in the refrigerator. But the most popular one is LED light. The first reason behind its popularity is that it save you more energy than other types of lights and the second reason it provides the sleek look to your refrigerator. So by opting for LED refrigerators, you can get aesthetic look as well as save money on electricity bills.
- Extreme freeze drawer
As its name defines, the extreme freeze feature is used to freeze the food almost in half time as usual. As we know, any food that is frozen fast preserves more nutrients and flavor. If you use Frozen Food often, then you can consider this feature in your refrigerator.
- Humidity control
Maintaining the proper level of moisture or humidity inside the refrigerator is very important for fruit and vegetable compartments. If you want to keep your fruits and vegetable fresh for a longer time, Then look for this feature.
- Air circulation
One of the crucial factors for maintaining the freshness of food is the air circulation. Many refrigerators are offering multi-flow 360-degree air circulation to maintain the freshness of food.
- Crisp Zone Drawer
Fast freezing is very important to freeze a large amount of food. It will save you money and energy because in one go it is capable to freeze more food.
Disclosure: Some of the links given below are affiliate links. This means that, at no cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click the link and have a purchase.
We have a list of One of the best Refrigerators
Understand the types of Refrigerator
First of all Understand the types of Refrigerators available in the market. Let’s take a n overview of these all types of refrigerators:
French Door Refrigerators
- French Door Refrigerators get popular very quickly. These refrigerators are in a pantry-style layout. It has more capacity to store food items and has more features. If you are looking for a refrigerator for a big family, then this is good to go. French Door Refrigerators come with double doors. If anyone has a small space in the kitchen, then French Door Refrigerators are good as it is sleek.
- In the starting, French Door Refrigerators are used by the prestigious family only, But after that most people preferred them. It has two doors that open outward, split in the middle. You can open individual doors or both. It has 1 or 2 freezer doors. It saves energy due to two split doors as one door loos less cooling as compared to one big door. French Door Refrigerators has an indoor camera that connects to Wi-Fi. It is a bit large compared to a regular refrigerator.
4 Door Refrigerator
- This refrigerator comes in the top-to-bottom shelving style. You can store food in a verticle manner. It has one side freezer, and another side a refrigerator. It comes with an ice and water dispenser. It is slim in shape and fits in any kitchen. It has more space for a refrigerator. The best part about this is that finding food on shelves is easy. Its door size is big, so the big container fits easily inside this.
- This is best for those who have back problems, and who can’t bend their body. Kids can easily access it. Its middle part is convertible. So the middle part can be used to store food like pastries etc. once consumed, can be converted into a freezer.
Top Freezer Refrigerator
This refrigerator has a large food compartment just below the freezer. It is 30-33 inches wide, So its doors are also wide. Mostly, Indian refrigerators are of this type. It comes in many different sizes and designs. These are traditional type refrigerators that are the least expensive or we can say budget-friendly. You need to bend down to take out vegetables, and food items from the bottom portion. It is not visually appealing. You can keep large items in the door like bottles.
Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
Bottom Freezer Refrigerators are those that have a freezer at the bottom side and a refrigerator on the top. Its cost is more as compared to the Top freezer Refrigerator. It also consumes more energy but it has more space for a freezer. Bottom Freezer Refrigerators have many organization options. Small to average families can go for it. It comes in many modern designs. You can access food easily but may feel a problem during accessing the freezer as you need to bend. It is easy to access food as it has to pull out baskets. It has many color options.
- As its name defines itself that it is a refrigerator that is used under the counter. Undercounter Refrigerator is small in size and fits in the modules of a modular kitchen seamlessly. It is 34 inches in height. An under-counter Refrigerator has only a refrigerator, not a freezer. The door can be opened on any side means its door are reversible. It is a special refrigerator that is used to cool bottles, wine, and beverages. You can set the temperature.
- Undercounter Refrigerator comes in many materials like stainless steel, aluminum, and copper. It is square. You can chill salad, bottle, beverage, water, and vegetables. It is mostly used in hotel rooms.
Disadvantages of Buying the wrong Refrigerator
Buying the wrong Refrigerator or not purchasing one that aligns with your kitchen specifications can have several drawbacks. From inadequate storage capacity and inefficient energy usage to limited features and installation challenges, the disadvantages can range from inconvenience to increased expenses. Additionally, incompatible design and decreased resale value can affect the aesthetics and functionality of your kitchen and even impact your property’s marketability. Therefore, it is crucial to carefully consider the size, space, and design requirements of your kitchen before buying a refrigerator to avoid these potential disadvantages and ensure a seamless integration of this essential appliance into your home.
It is very crucial to select the right refrigerator for your kitchen because it directly impacts your daily life and overall functionality in the kitchen. You can consider some factors like size, capacity energy consumption modern features, and design as per your interior. Take a proper measurement for storage requirements and properly understand the layout to have a proper fit of Your refrigerator in the kitchen. Do proper research. You can go through customer reviews. By investing some time in investigating, which refrigerator is the best, you can enjoy long-term comfort and can enjoy assessing the refrigerator in the kitchen.
You can read my other article here.