Imagine you get up sleepy and want to kick start your day quickly with breakfast. In your kitchen, there is a handy appliance that turns your boring bread into warm and crispy delight. It’s the toaster!!. It is just like a magical wand that will make your breakfast super delicious and crispy.
Key Considerations Before Purchasing a Toaster
Before selecting a toaster, there are many factors to consider to ensure that you have a perfect toaster that aligns with your requirements.
- Understand your Requirements
- The first thing to consider here is to determine what is the primary purpose of the toaster you are buying. Are you mainly toasting bread or other items?
- Determine the number of slices you mostly prefer while toasting. Is it 2 slices or 4 slices?
- Identify the extra features you are looking for in the toaster like defrosting, reheating, or any other options.
- If you have a large family and toast bread very frequently or you often have a large gathering, then a 4 slice toaster may be good.
- For a smaller family, you can prefer 2 slice toaster.
- Browning Control
- It is always wise to look for a toaster that has a variable or custom browning control. It will help you to maintain the taste of all family members or guests without any extra effort.
- Slot Width
- Always look for the size of the slot. Wider slots are good for thicker bread, bagels and other types of bread.
- More the functions any appliance has, the greater the comfort. Decide in advance which functions are important for you. The most common functions are toasting, defrosting, reheating, etc.
- Many toasters have a function for pastries and waffles.
- Pop-up Mechanism
- To ensure the safety of the hands, it’s good to look for a toaster that has a pop-up mechanism. It also prevents burning.
- Safety Features
- Safety is our first and most important preference for sure. Check for safety features like a cool touch exterior to prevent accidents. It becomes important especially when you have kids.
- Crumb Tray
- If you love mess-free cooking, then for easy cleaning you can prefer a toaster that has a crumb tray. It helps us to maintain a tidy kitchen.
- Energy Efficient
- If you are very particular and concerned about energy consumption then make sure to invest in an appliance that is energy efficient. It is not only limited to toasters but also to all kinds of appliances.
- These energy-efficient appliances consume very little electricity.
- Durability and Warranty
- To get information about the durability of any appliance, it is good to read the reviews and check for its build quality.
- It is always recommended to buy a toaster from a reputed brand that is offering a warranty that directly indicates its quality and life. It gives us a piece of mind.
- If you love stylish appliances, then choose a toaster that complements your kitchen decor.
- Price and Budget
- It has always happened to me, Whenever I go to buy an appliance, I go out of budget. But it is a wise decision to decide the budget in advance.
- Keep in mind that a higher price doesn’t mean a good product. Low-priced products are also very good at performance.
- Prefer Reviews
- One of the best ways to know about the product quality is to get connected with your known or go online to have reviews on products that are using it already.
- Look for both positive and negative feedback.
- Size and Counter Space
- Ensure the toaster you are looking for fits on your kitchen countertop. Otherwise, it creates a mess and takes up a lot of space in your kitchen.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Which Is The Best Bread Toaster To Buy Online?
Kent 16030 850-watt Pop-Up Toaster
If talked about Which Is The Best Toaster To Buy Online? Then Kent 16030 is the best. In the modern kitchen, a toaster is an essential small appliance that implies our daily breakfast routines. If you are looking for a toaster that is reliable and combines versatility, efficiency, and stylish, then the Kent 16030 850-watt pop-up toaster is perfect for the kitchen. In this blog, we are going to discuss the features, performance, design and overall value of this toaster.
Perfect for Diwali Gifting
As the festival of lights, Diwali draws near, We start searching for a perfect and small appliance for gifting. This Diwali, consider a gift that not only illuminates the hearts of our loved ones but also brightens their kitchen. The Kent 16030 850-watt pop-up toaster is perfect for this. It not only cherishes traditions of gifting but also embraces innovation. Let’s explore this appliance to know how this appliance is a perfect gifting item for this Diwali.
Features of Kent Toaster
The following are the Features of Kent Toaster:
- 850 Watt Power
The Kent 16030 has an 850-watt heating element. These 850-watt heating elements make sure to have an even and rapid toasting for your favourite slices of bread.
- 1 Year Warranty
This toaster has a 1-year warranty. Warranty indicates the quality of any product and trust in the product.
- Wider Capacity
This toaster from Kent has a wider capacity that is specially designed to hold bread of various thicknesses.
- High Lift Function
Most of the traditional toasters are not equipped with high lift functions. That results in burned hands. You can remove the smallest piece of bread from this toaster without any harm to the hands.
- 5 Heating Modes
As per the website, Kent has 5 different heating modes for toasting as per the taste and choice. It toast the breads in premium quality.
- 2 Slice Capacity
It has two wide slots for bread that accommodate different sizes of bread and shapes. It makes it versatile for all types of toasting requirements.
- Variable Browning Control
Everyone loves to have a toaster with different browning. Whether you prefer lightly toasted or perfectly crispy, this toaster gives you adjustable browning control to fulfil your taste and preferences
- Cancel Function
This toaster has a function to cancel the toasting while toasting to prevent overcooking or toasting. It prevents accidents.
- Defrost and Reheat Functions
This toaster has a dedicated button for defrosting frozen breads and you can reheat cold toast without any more browning. I think this is one of the best features we always looking for. It always happens to me, that I toast more bread than required and then when reheat it, the Bread gets burned.
- Removable Crumb Tray
It is super easy to clean this toaster as it has a removable crumb tray, which collects the crumbs and makes its cleaning very straightforward.
- Cool Touch Housing
Its exterior remains cool while toasting. If you touch its exterior, you feel a cool surface and increase the safety in the kitchen.
- The Kent 16030 Pop-up toaster shines when it comes to performance. It has an 850-watt heating element that rapidly toasts the breading by applying even heating as per your taste. It has a variable browning feature by which you can adjust the bowling, taste, and crunch. The defrost and reheat functions are very useful in the busy morning when breakfast needs to be served quickly.
- One of the best and most liked features of this toaster is the consistent toasting. You never get one toast properly cooked and the other won’t or uncooked. It make sure to have a uniform toasting across both slots.
Design and Build Quality
The Kent 16030 Toaster carries an elegant and modern design that will complement your kitchen decor. Its compact size takes up very little space on your countertop and the coll touch feature adds extra safety features. Its stainless steel finish not only looks good but also increases its durability and makes it easy to clean.
Drawbacks of Kent 16030 Toaster
Here are some of the common disadvantages associated with this toaster:
- Limited Capacity
This toaster has a limited capacity of 2 slots only which may not be suitable for large-size families where you have to toast multiple slices of bread simultaneously. If you toast more bread at once, then you might consider a toaster with higher capacity.
- Limited Color Options
Depending on the decor of your house, you might struggle to find the colour in this model. Some people love to have a wide range of colour options to match the decor. But, If this is not your issue, then this toaster is the best one to buy.
No. of Slices: 2
Wide slots for thick bread: Yes
Bread Slice Centering: Yes
Auto Pop-Up: Yes
Variable Browning: Yes
Power: 850 W
Auto Shut off: Yes
Warranty: 1 Year
Weight: 1.5 KG
Voltage: 220 Volts
The Kent 16030 850-watt pop-up toaster effortlessly combines functionality with modern design, making it a valuable addition to any kitchen. Its adjustable browning control ensures customized toasting perfection, while versatile functions like reheating and defrosting add convenience to daily routines. This toaster’s sleek aesthetic even fits seamlessly into Diwali celebrations, making it a thoughtful gift choice. The Kent 16030 toaster isn’t just an appliance; it’s a symbol of culinary convenience and timeless style. Whether upgrading your kitchen or seeking a special Diwali present, this innovative toaster promises to elevate your daily breakfasts and enhance your festive moments.
Read my other article here.
What is a toaster used for?
A toaster is an appliance that helps you to toast the bread as per your liking. You can set the shades of browning and can also use for defrosting, or reheating the bread. You can make simple to complex breakfasts. It is the best option for starting a busy day. You can enjoy a crispy and light breakfast instead of boring plain bread.
What else we can use a toaster for?
Toasters are not only limited to bread toasting but you can make many more things if you are a little creative. You can make toasting bagels, toasting English muffins, reheating pastries, toasting frozen waffles or pancakes, toasting tortillas, toasting pita bread, toasting croutons, toasting sliced cheese, toasting nuts and seeds, drying herbs, etc. I think this is more than enough when compared to its price.
How to use a toaster for the very first time?
Using a toaster for the very first time is straightforward. Follow the following steps to get started:
*Make sure to check the manufacturer’s instructions and safety precautions in the user manual.
- Inspect the Toaster
Don’t be in a hurry to use the toaster. Be careful before using it for the very first time. Inspect the toaster for any packaging material inside, stickers, or any protective covering that needs to be removed.
- Place the Toaster
Find a suitable location where you can safely keep your toaster near the electric outlet. It must be a flat surface and there should be no water on the slab.
- Adjust browning Control
Locate the browning control knob on the toaster as per your taste. It helps you to adjust how light or dark browning you want. A lower setting will make toast lighter and a higher setting will make it darker.
- Plug-In the Toaster
Plug in your toaster to the nearest electric outlet.
- Prepare the bread
Place the slices of the bread into the slots. Make sure to place them accurately and fit inside the slots.
- Select the Toasting Options
Set the options like defrosting, and reheating if required. Otherwise, for basic toasting, skip this setting.
- Start the toaster
Push down the lever or press the button to start the toasting. It will heat the heating element and the countdown will start.
- Wait for Tosting to Complete
While the toaster is toasting, stay near the toaster and monitor it. It will pop up the bread automatically when completed. The timing for toasting depends on the settings you have selected.
- Remove Toast
When bread pops up, remove the toast very carefully as the slots are still hot. You can use a fork or tongs to remove the bread.
- Unplug the Toaster
After finishing the toasting, unplug the toaster from the electric outlet. It is very important for safety purposes.
- Clean the Toaster
Wait for the toaster to cool down and then take out the crumb tray and clean it. Cleaning will increase the life performance and life of the toaster.
Is the toaster safe?
Toasters are generally safe when used very carefully and correctly. Always follow the manufacturer’s guidance. However, electrical appliances are prone to accidents., So keep these points in mind while using it:
- Plug into a grounded outlet
- Avoid overloading circuit
- Never insert metal objects to take out toasts or stuck breads.
- Stay nearby and monitor it to prevent accidents.
- Always use non-metal utensils like wooden ones to remove stuck toasts.
- Keep flammable material away from the toaster.
- Regularly clean the crumb tray to avoid any fire hazard.
- Never touch hot slots.
- Unplug the toaster after usage.
- Always monitor the toaster for wear, damage, or malfunction. Service it timely.
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
How to clean a toaster?
The steps to clean a toaster are:
- Unplug the toaster.
- Remove crumbs from the crumb tray.
- Clean the crumb tray.
- Clean it from the inside.
- Brush away the remaining crumbs.
- Wipe the exterior.
- Reassemble like a crumb tray properly.
- Plug in and test.
Does toaster turn off automatically?
Most of the toaster does not turn off automatically once the toasting is done. Instead of turning off automatically, they pop up the toaster to prevent overcooking. But the Heating element remains ON until you switch it off from the electric outlet or switch it off from the button.
Are toasters healthy?
Toasters are never healthy or unhealthy, rather what you are cooking inside decides the impact on your health.
Can I use my toaster for things other than bread?
Yes, you can. you can use it for bagels, English muffins, frozen waffles, ad for pastries Remember to choose the appropriate settings for perfect results as per the food type.
Is it safe to leave my toaster plugged in when not in use?
Leaving your toaster plugged leads to overheating that results in fire hazards or other safety concerns.
Why does my toaster sometimes produce unevenly toasted bread?
It is due to uneven thickness of the bread or moisture content. You can rotate the bread for uneven thickness.
How long does a toaster typically last?
The lifespan of any toaster depends on how well you are maintaining it, which brand and model you are using, build quality and proper service are deciding factors for its life.